The adventure of a lifetime.
A lifetime of adventure.
College Junior Leaders
Smithsonian Student Adventures will accept one Junior Leader onto each of our Open Enrollment programs to help assist and learn from the Program Leader. All Junior Leaders receive a 30% discount off their program tuition. To qualify as a Junior Leader, you must be a college student who has taken a foreign language for a minimum of three years, and be motivated to help lead a group in exchange for a heavily discounted tuition. The Junior Leader position is a great way to expand your leadership skills, strengthen your resume, learn more about working in an international setting, and allow you to experience a program from the inside.
- Chaperoning the group on the round-trip international flight
- Participating in several online pre-program training sessions
- Helping with logistics, planning, budgeting, and general leadership throughout the program
- Participating in a post-program reflection session
- Talking with future Junior Leaders about your experience and helping spread the word about our programs
To apply, just click Enroll Now on the specific Program Page you are applying to, select Junior Leader from the first ‘Choice of program’ dropdown, and select the program that you want to join as your second choice of program.
If you would like to join us this year, please apply soon as we only have capacity for one Junior Leader per program and the spaces are filling fast!